About the course.
- Minimum Age: 16 (13 with Parental consent)
- Open Water Training: 2 sessions
- Static Session + Dynamic Session
- Course results in an international certification from Apnea International
The Stage A course is aimed at providing basic knowledge of the different Freediving categories, the important rules of behaviour and the safest way to perform Freediving while allowing the fastest improvement.
On this course we will cover these subjects:
- Freediving categories.
- Safety for Freediving. Rules of behavior for Freediving.
- The buddy system and the role of the buddy and diver in training.
- Training session planning.
- The difference between a depth session and a Spearfishing session.
- Equipment for Freediving. Which mask, snorkel, fins and suit to choose when you go training...
- Physiology of Freediving.
- Proper breathing for Freediving. We will discuss the first of 3 stages of proper breathing.
- Relaxation techniques for static training. Relaxation is the most important aspect of static training.
- Equalisation techniques.
- Preventing pressure injuries (barotraumas) whilst Freediving.
- Freedive emergencies.
- Avoiding and reacting to blackout and “surface samba” (loss of motor control).
The Training sessions include Static breath-hold tables and Deep water sessions.
- The emphasis is on energy efficient movement in the water.
- The main idea is to prolong the dive time and not only the depth.
It is important to understand that with proper training and knowledge a Freediver will improve the depth as well as the dive time.
You will need to bring your own gear - Mask, Snorkel, fins and wetsuit. The gear does not have to be freediving gear but it is recommended. A gear session will be conducted through the course to help you choose the right gear.
If you do not have gear - please notify your instructor before the course so that he could provide you with options.
Most courses are held over 2 days.
- Start around 08:00. Theory until 12:30.
- Static and dynamic training until 16:00.
- Theory to 17:00-17:30.
- Meet for theory / go for a dive – depending on sea conditions and boat.
- We need 3 hours of theory + time for 2 dives (each dive – 1 hour).
- Finish the course after a final exam around 16:00-17:00.
- This schedule is only for general knowledge. Times may change according to sea conditions and the will of the group.
Course price: 550$
There may be additional boat costs involved depending on location.
To book - please visit the Course Calendar